Latest Laois News: SOSAD Laois Variety Show Fundraiser Launched
Launch of SOSAD Laois Variety Show Fundraiser
A fundraising committee has been established to raise funds and locate a premises for SOSAD Laois.
- All monies raised in Laois will stay in Laois.
- The committee is putting on a community variety show (complying with all Covid restrictions) and is looking for approx. 12 community groups from all corners of Laois to put in an act . To enter they have to raise a sum of money locally and attract sponsorship for themselves.
· It will be filmed for online transmission ,with Whit weekend being the most likely date for the event .
- They are hoping to have a host of well known people from Laois to act as guest Judges. These will view the footage and record feedback for each act.
- They will then score each act and all votes will be added up.
- Watching the show will be free but the group with the highest sum raised will win the event
- The committee is now putting out the call for interested groups to participate.
- It’s going to be a truly local event for Laois people by Laois people and the committee is relying on local involvement.
Una Doogue is the spokesperson for the event and she is on 085 7840960 and local Mental Health campaigner Christy Bannon is on 086 8598461