Latest Laois News: Laois Community Energy Projects to get Community Energy Grant Scheme funding
Laois Community, Home and Non-Domestic Energy Projects Granted Funding
Sean Fleming T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Finance is pleased to confirm that 10 Laois community energy projects will receive grant funding under the Community Energy Grant Scheme.
“The grants administered by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) provide for a range of improvements to existing buildings to drive energy efficiency and facilitate the installation of renewable technologies. Recipients include public sector projects, sports facilities, community buildings and businesses.
These include the installation of insulation, heat pump systems, replacement windows/doors, solar panels, energy-efficient lighting, refrigeration upgrades and energy monitors, as well as a host of other energy upgrades.
The Government’s Climate Action Plan and these grants play a key role supporting Ireland’s climate action ambitions. These upgrades will result in improved energy efficiency and cost effectiveness.”
The successful Laois applicants are :
- Portlaoise Leisure Centre: Proposed Heating Controls
- Portarlington Leisure Centre: Proposed Solar Panels
- Laois County Council County Hall, Portlaoise: Proposed Heating Controls
- Castletown Community Centre : Proposed heating insulation and lighting upgrades
- Eurospar Fairgreen , Portlaoise : Proposed cooling and refrigeration upgrades
- Emo Filling Station/Mace Mountrath: Proposed Refrigeration upgrade
- MES Recycling Derraugh Warehouse, Mountrath: Proposed Solar Panels
- Beechfield Healthcare, Portlaoise: Proposed Solar Panels
- Breslins Supervalu Abbeyleix: Refrigeration upgrade
- National Home Retrofit Scheme for Laois Homes (number to be finalised)