Latest Laois Job: ‘Job of the Day’ People First Credit Union Vacancy
‘Job of the Day’ People First Credit Union Vacancy
JOB TITLE: Part-time Secretarial Assistant
REPORTING TO: Secretary of the Board of Directors
General Scope of Role:
The Secretarial Assistant will be accountable to the Board of Directors of People First Credit Union for carrying out a range of secretarial and administrative activities that contribute to the effective governance of the credit union. This role will be conducted on the basis of 12 hours per week for six months.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Reporting directly to the Secretary of the Board, the Secretarial Assistant will provide secretarial/administrative support to the board of directors and the committees of the credit union.
Main Duties are to:
- Take the minutes of all board meetings and the Annual General Meeting;
- Take the minutes of all committee meetings, where possible;
- Circulate minutes to board or committee secretary for review/amendment;
- Circulate minutes to board or committee members sufficiently in advance of each meeting to allow adequate time for review;
- Process any minute amendments proposed and agreed at subsequent meetings.
- Maintain version control on all copies of minutes;
- Treat all information encountered with the highest level of confidentiality;
- File minutes appropriately and securely;
- Maintain high level of security around both hard and soft copy minutes;
- Ensure appropriate disposal of documentation, in line with the credit union’s document retention policy, is completed in a secure manner, e.g. confidential shredding etc.;
- Assist the Secretary of the Board in typing letters in response to regulatory requirements e.g. notification of change of Directors etc. to the Central Bank of Ireland and/or typing responses to reports submitted to board or committees, e.g. internal audit, external audit, etc.;
- Operate computers and other office equipment as required, following appropriate training;
- Attend training programmes and workshops as required by the credit union;
- Be aware of and comply with all Health and Safety regulations as directed by the credit union;
- Undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the Secretary of the Board and/or the Chairperson of the Board.
The skill set for this role will include:
- Excellent secretarial skills;
- Expert user of Microsoft Office and MS Word in particular;
- Previous experience taking minutes of meetings or role specific training relevant to this position or willingness to undertake appropriate training quickly;
- Ability to deal with confidential and/or sensitive issues and information;
- Flexibility in relation to the timing of the hours worked to coincide with board and committee meetings, many of which take place in the evenings;
- Ability to work alone and bring queries to the relevant parties;
- Ability to juggle conflicting demands and effectively prioritise;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral;
- Organised in approach to work;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- An enthusiastic attitude;
- Responsible and discreet.