Latest Laois Event: Free Laois Parent, Student & Teacher Webinar
Education & Work Pathways for Young Adults with Disabilities
Free School Leaver Options for Young Adults with Disabilities Pathways to Inclusion in Education and Work with National Learning Network in partnership with Laois Education Centre (Teacher, Parent & Student Webinar) 14.3.2022
National Learning Network (NLN) is Ireland’s leading provider of specialist training, education, and employment services, empowering people with disabilities, mental health conditions and autism to acquire the skills that they want and need to progress to further or higher education and employment.
All courses have nationally recognised accreditation coupled with personalised supports and transversal skills training. Student supports are integral to the journey in NLN. These include learning support, psychological support, and advocacy support. Work experience with local host companies enhances inclusion and informed decision making for life after NLN.
NLN have training centres in every county in Ireland. NLN courses are funded by Education and Training Boards or the Health Service Executive.
At the end of the information webinar suitable for teachers, parents and students, participant will:
– Gain an understanding of the diverse profile of school-leavers in NLN
– Have an overview of course sampling with NLN
– Have information on the learning, psychological and advocacy supports within a multidisciplinary team in NLN
– Have an awareness of pathways to further education, higher education, and work after NLN
– See some real stories of school-leaver progressions with NLN
Dates: Monday 14th March 2022
Facilitator: Anne Marie McDonnell, Head of Business Development and Service Design (Interim), Rehab Group