Understanding Self-Harm Seminar for Parents
This two-hour seminar for parents on Understanding Self-Harm aims to develop participants’ knowledge and understanding of self-harm and the reasons underlying such behaviour. The seminar will also help participants to consider the needs of people who self-harm and gain knowledge of the following:
- Definitions of self-harm and its relationship with suicide
- Understanding of the prevalence of self-harm across different age groups and genders
- The functions, motivations and meanings underlying self-harm
- Awareness of the needs of people who self-harm and how to demonstrate improved sensitivity
- Possible interventions and helpful responses in responding to people who self-harm
- Information on the appropriate and relevant supports and services, locally and nationally.
Venue: Laois Education Centre
Dates: Tuesday 21st November 2017
Time: 7pm – 9pm
Facilitator: Josephine Rigney, Resource Officer for Suicide Prevention – Laois/Offaly
To book a place on the above course please contact Yvonne, Laois Education Centre at (057) 8672402
- There is no fee for the above course.
- Booking is essential.
- Places are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.