Cuisle Cancer Support Centre News
The Cuisle Cancer Support Centre is a local charity servicing Laois/Kildare and surrounding counties. It provides a warm, safe and welcoming environment for people diagnosed with cancer and for their families and children affected by it.
The centre provides professional support through –
- One to one counselling
- Reflexology/Holistic Massage
- Manual Lymph Drainage
- Living with a Cancer Diagnosis
- Prostate Cancer Support Group
- Secondary Cancer Support Group
- Early Menopause Workshop
- Children’s Programme (for children affected by a cancer diagnosis)
- Staying Well at Home Programme
- Nutrition Workshops
- Exercise Programme (improve your quality of life after cancer)
- Cancer Care Nurse
- Breast Care Service
- Medical Pressure Garments
- Advice on Entitlements
The aim of the centre is to reduce the distressing impact cancer can have on any family. We offer practical and emotional support. A care programme is tailored to each individual’s needs.
Last year alone the centre provided support to 315 new referrals who attended the centre along with 3968 people availing of the services throughout the year. The Cuisle Cancer Support Centre offers help, support and information to everyone who has been affected by cancer.
The centre is funded by local fundraising, donations and charity events with two small grants received from Irish Cancer Society and the National Lottery. It has a voluntary board of trustees who govern the overall operation of the centre.
We very much appreciate any fundraising that is done on behalf of the Cuisle Cancer Support Centre.
The services of the centre can only be delivered free of charge with the continued support of volunteers, counsellors, therapists and fundraisers.
We are hosting a Carol & Candle Twilight Event as a way of bringing our community together. Each person within the community has been touched by cancer in some way.
– it might be a partner, parent, brother, sister, friend or perhaps a work colleague or a neighbour. We want the evening to be a happy one with the lighting of our Christmas Tree and with the two local choirs helping us on our way – “Kitchen 65 Choir” and “Portlaoise Contemporary Choir”. The Carol & Candle Event is our way of starting the Christmas Season – with each person lighting a candle to represent how they feel. It will be a different experience for each person with some people being thankful, some people perhaps remembering a loved one – it is entirely a personal journey. The Carol & Candle Evening is taking place on Friday 4th December at 6.30pm at the Cuisle Cancer Support Centre. All are welcome.