A-Z of National Ploughing Championships
The scale of the National Ploughing Championships is just staggering. This year’s site, outside Tullamore, is enormous. Indeed every single statistic about the ‘Ploughing’ is big. Here are just a few stats courtesy of the National Ploughing Association:
Below are some of the Facts & Figures from the event.
– Visitors to the Championships spent just under €36.5 million during the three days of the event. This spending resulted in a tax take of over €6.6 million for the National Exchequer.
– 80% of attendees at the event were not local.
– Gender profile is 37% female, 63% male.
– Machinery is the main attraction in the Trade Exhibition.
– Personal shopping accounted for over €7 million.
– Trade purchases were in excess of €9.6 million.
– Food expenditure accounted for €9.5 million.
The breakdown of the socio-economic groupings attending are as follows:
- ABC1: 31%
- C2DE: 34%
- Farmer: 35%
The breakdown frequency of attendance at the Championships is as follows:
- Annually: 58%
- First time: 18%
- Every few years: 13%
- Every second year: 8%
- Other: 3%
- 16-19 yrs: 6%
- 20-30 yrs: 21%
- 31-40 yrs: 22%
- 41-50 yrs: 24%
- 51-60 yrs: 17%
- 60+ yrs: 10%
Click here for the NPA site. .