Latest Laois Sport: Deadline for LSPSport & Physical Activity Grant Scheme looms￼
LSP Sport & Physical Activity Grant Deadline looms
We wish to advise that the application deadline for the LSP Sport & Physical Activity Grant Scheme 2022 has been extended until Friday the 8th of April at 5.00pm. Online applications only can be made through the following link:
Online Applications: https://form.jotform.com/220621917893360
We have included more detailed information about the grant schemes for your information below, including eligibility and other criteria.
Laois Sports Partnership aims to increase participation in sport and physical activity across the population of Laois and specifically within groups that would benefit from additional support.
Funding is provided from Sport Ireland to help us support organisations at a local level in the development and implementation of targeted programmes to engage with underrepresented groups. This funding will support the delivery of actions 5,6,9,14 and 28 of the National Sports Policy.
2022 GRANT SCHEMES
Clubs and Groups can apply for funding under one or both of the following schemes:
1. Participation Grant – grants up to a max limit €1000
PURPOSE: This fund is for ACTIVITY / TRAINING PROGRAMMES or NON CAPITAL CLUB DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES aimed at encouraging clubs to increase participation in sport and physical activity
2. Women In Sport Grant – grants up to a max limit of €1000
PURPOSE: This fund is for ACTIVITY / TRAINING PROGRAMMES or NON CAPITAL CLUB DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES to raise overall physical activity levels among women and to support women’s roles with sports organisations.
When applying for grants under these schemes, some additional funding can also be requested to offset the costs of Covid 19 eg Signage, Hygiene, PPE, Admin – please note, restrictions apply – max limit of €200
WHO CAN APPLY? – To be eligible organisations/clubs must:
- Be based within Laois
- Operate as a ‘not for profit’ club or organisation that is open to public membership
- Have a primary objective of sport or physically activity
- Have policies and practices that encourage participation regardless of gender, age, race or ability
- Operate under the basis of best practice for children in sport – a member of the club must have previously attended a Child Welfare & Protection Awareness or Safeguarding course (new clubs must commit to attending training where appropriate)
- New clubs will need to provide written confirmation of registration with their National Governing Body or appropriate agency before funds are paid out
- Have adequate insurance in place for the purposes of their club
- Any club/organisation funded under this scheme will be asked to submit an evaluation report form to LSP and may be asked to supply documentary evidence of how the funds were spent
ADDITIONAL CRITERIA – Applications are encouraged from clubs/organisations that:
- Have the potential to increase levels and frequency of participation in recreational sport and physical activity in a local area
- Can act as a case study to showcase how successful demonstration projects can be replicated by other groups in the future
- have the potential to develop into a sustainable, longer-term programme
- are developing initiatives in designated disadvantaged areas
- are developing initiatives for minority populations or groups with special needs
WHAT COSTS ARE ELIGIBLE?
Applications for non-capital club development initiatives from clubs will be considered on the basis of need as determined by the Grants Sub-committee.
Please note: Sports equipment is considered as capital expenditure and will not be funded as part of an activity programme/initiative. Applications based on funding for sports equipment only, to promote participation, are NOT eligible
WHAT APPLICATIONS ARE INELIGIBLE FOR THIS SCHEME?
• Applications from individuals
• National/Regional/County Governing Bodies/ Statutory agencies
• For profit groups/commercial organisations
• Private facility owners
• Applications eligible for funding under other schemes will not be considered
e.g. Go for Life, Sports Capital etc
• Annual operational costs such as transport, insurance, registration, venue hire and training gear will not be eligible