Latest Laois Event: Portarlington’s Halloween ‘Dress Up’ Cycle event
Halloween ‘Dress Up’ Cycle Event – (Spooky) family-friendly cycle planned for Portarlington
The organisers of the local Critical Mass Cycle Event in Portarlington (Portarlington BA Sustainability Group & Portarlington Cycling Campaign) are hosting a Halloween ‘Dress Up’ cycle on 29th October at 1:45pm starting and finishing at Solas Eco Garden Centre.
Organiser of the event, John Holland, said “this is a family-friendly cycle and will be very much in keeping with the Halloween theme – we want as many people as possible to turn out on the day for a fun, safe and gentle cycle around the town. We are asking for people to dress up for the event in any way they can and to really get into the spirit of the season. This event is for everyone and for all abilities but it’s especially aimed at families with young kids who we think would really enjoy the chance for a spooky cycle around the town while dressed in their scariest costumes. What better way to celebrate the occasion”.
This cycle coincides with a full schedule of Halloween themed events planned for the SOLAS that day – including Halloween Arts & Crafts, face painting and a Haunted House. Therefore, the organisers are encouraging families (especially those with young children) to dress up in Halloween costumes (and even to dress up their bicycle) and to take the chance to enjoy a full day of Halloween themed events at SOLAS.
- This cycle is open to cyclists of all ages
- A Garda escort will be provided for the cycle
- Please acknowledge attendance using the Facebook link so we know how many are coming; https://fb.me/e/3A8bqH27o
- The distance will be 7km with a gentle pace to accommodate all abilities
- The route will be within the town centre
- Organisers will provide a small amount of bunting/decorations to attach to bikes on the day (please arrive by 1:45pm so we have time to dress up some bikes/cyclists in advance of 2pm start)
- Portable speakers will play a Halloween themed playlist while we cycle around town
- If you are decorating yourself, your kids or your bike please be sure that you are safe to cycle and your visibility is not impacted
- For kids there will also be events available at Solas before and after the cycle – such as face painting, Halloween Arts and Crafts, a Haunted House among much more
- Link to Arts & Crafts event; https://www.thegardenshop.ie/halloween-crafts/
Happy Cycling and Happy Halloween!!
For queries about this event or if you would like to get involved in the local cycling campaign please email Portarlingtonsec@gmail.com or call John on 0857556240